Last Revised: May, 2020
Your personal information will be treated in a secure and confidential manner in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
When you use Zoomd Websites and Services (as defined below), we receive information that may directly or indirectly identify you (the “personal information” or “personal data”).
- https://zoomd.com/ (our “Website(s)”) and mobile applications,
- individuals that register to attend our marketing or receive our marketing materials ( “Marketing Activities”),
- our subscribers’ personnel who register to use our Services, and
- subscriber data submitted to our hosted search or related services (the “Services”) by our subscribers or their internet clients or end users, or that we collect through our Services on behalf of our subscribers.
- Contact Information
- What types of personal information does Zoomd collect?
How does Zoomd use your personal information?
- How does Zoomd collect your personal information?
Third-Parties and Data Supplementation
- Does Zoomd collect personal information automatically?
- When and how does Zoomd share your personal information with others?
How does Zoomd keep your information secure?
- What choices and rights are available to you regarding the use of your personal
- California Residents
- Rights of European Data Subjects
- Subscriber Data
- Children under the age of 13
- Privacy Notice for California Residents
What types of personal information does Zoomd collect?
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on which of our Websites or Marketing Activities you use. In general, we may collect information that identifies you, information about how you use our Websites, and the information that you create while you interact with our Websites.
Information that we collect from you may include the following:
- Information that can personally identify you, such as name, photograph, postal address, email address, or telephone number.
- Information about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Websites, and your use of our Websites.
- Information that you provide when you fill in forms on our Websites.
- Information that identifies you in planning and hosting corporate events related to our Marketing Activities (e.g., user conferences).
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and Twitter handles), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Websites or related to orders of our Services.
You also may provide information as a contributing user that is published or displayed (hereafter, referred to as “posted”) on public areas of our Websites, on the Zoomd Community site, or transmitted to other users of our Websites or third-parties. Your user contributions are posted and transmitted to others at your own risk.
How does Zoomd use your personal information?
Zoomd uses personal information that you provide to us to deliver content on our Websites, plan and host Marketing Activities, and to provide our Services.
We may use this information in the following ways:
- To present our Websites and their contents to you.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Websites.
- To enhance the experience of using our Websites, Services, and Marketing Activities.
- To manage your access to the Services.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights that arise from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To provide you with notices about your account and/or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To notify you about changes to our Websites or Services.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us.
- To communicate with you about Marketing Activities, which may include promotional information.
- To send promotional information and other communications regarding our products or Services.
- To create a list of actual and prospective users and subscribers for our products or Services.
- To assemble statistics regarding the use of our Websites, product or Services.
- To prevent fraud or abuse.
- To comply with any legal or regulatory obligations.
- For any other purpose we describe at the time we collect information.
- For any reason you engage us.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
How does Zoomd collect your personal information?
Zoomd may directly collect personal information you provide us in the following ways:
- When you complete forms on our Websites, such as registering an account, subscribing to a Service, or posting a comment.
- When you create an account to use our Services or create a new user for that account.
- When you complete transactions through our Websites, such as fulfilling an order for our Services.
- When you perform search queries on our Websites.
- When you post messages on our Websites, either in public areas or directly to other users or third-parties.
- When you contact us outside of our Websites, such via email or Twitter.
- When you request assistance from our Support team.
- When you respond to surveys we ask you to complete for research purposes.
- When you provide information that will be posted on public areas of our Websites.
- When you transmit information to other users of our Websites or third-parties as a user contribution.
- When you register for or attend our Marketing Activities.
Third-Parties and Data Supplementation
To the extent allowed by law, Zoomd may collect personal information about you from other sources, including publicly available databases or third-parties from whom we have purchased data. We may maintain this information or associate it with personal information we already have about you (“data supplementation”). This information helps us to improve our Websites, to deliver better and more personalized Services, to update, expand, and analyze our records, identify new customers, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you.
Examples of the types of personal information that may be obtained from public sources or purchased from third-parties and combined with information we already have about you, may include:
- contact information about you from third-party sources to verify your address so we can properly prevent fraud or communicate with you, or
- data purchased from third-parties, such as social networking sites and conference attendee lists, that is combined with information we already have about you, to create more tailored advertising and products.
If you receive a marketing communication or promotion from us, you may opt-out of these communications at any time (i) by following the unsubscribe instructions included in the promotion (if sent by email), (ii) through email@example.com, (iii) by accessing the email preferences in your account settings page in the Services user interface dashboard, or (iv) sending us an email at the address noted in the Contact Information section above.
We use third-party payment processors to process payments made to us. In connection with the processing of such payments, we do not retain any personally identifiable information or any financial information such as credit card numbers. Rather, all such information is provided directly to our third-party processors.
Does Zoomd collect personal information automatically?
As is true of most websites, Zoomd gathers certain information automatically as you navigate through and interact with our Websites. This information helps us to improve and personalize our Websites, Marketing Activities, and Services, as well as prevent fraud or abuse. This information may be gathered and stored in log files.
Information that we collect from you automatically may include the following:
- Internet Protocol (IP) addresses,
- Internet Service Provider (ISP),
- browser type,
- referring/exit pages,
- operating system,
- date/time stamp, and/or
- browsing actions and browsing patterns.
For more information on third-party cookies, refer to the “When and how does Zoomd share your personal information with others” section below.
How long does Zoomd keep your personal information?
Zoomd may retain your personal information for a period of time consistent with the
original purpose of collection. For instance, we may retain your personal information during the time you have an account to use our Websites or Services, or as agreed in our subscription agreements, and for a reasonable period of time thereafter. We also may retain your personal information during the period of time needed for Zoomd to pursue our legitimate business interests, conduct audits, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
When and how does Zoomd share your personal information with others?
Zoomd may share your personal information with certain third-parties. This sharing is based on our relationship with those third-parties, your consent, or legal or contractual obligations that require us to share such information.
We may share your personal information that we collect or you provide as follows:
- To contractors, service providers such as Stripe and Intercom, and other thirdparties we use to support our business. These entities are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and can use it only for the purposes for which we disclose the information to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Zoomd’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Zoomd about our Websites users is among the assets transferred. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Websites of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process (such as a subpoena), to investigate fraud, including responding to any government or regulatory request, lawful requests by public authorities, or to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other subscription agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Zoomd, our subscribers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
You may login to our Websites using a sign-in service such as your Google profile. These services authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign-in form and collection of your personal information may occur as a result of login to our Websites using these sign-in services.
How does Zoomd keep your information secure?
Zoomd will maintain appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect your personal information from accidental loss, unauthorized use, alteration, or disclosure. Although we implement and maintain security measures that are appropriate for our business activities, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
You must also make sure that your information is safe and secure. We are not responsible if you circumvent any privacy settings or security measures on our Websites. Even if we give you (or you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Do not share your password with anyone. Please be careful about giving out information in public areas of our Websites, for example, community message boards or forums. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of our Websites. We cannot control the actions of other users of our Websites with whom you choose to share your information; as such we cannot guarantee your contributed information cannot be viewed by unauthorized parties.
What choices and rights are available to you regarding the use of your personal information?
Please note that the rights mentioned herein are not absolute and requests are subject to any applicable legal requirements, including legal and ethical reporting or document retention obligations.
Please also note that, in submitting a request, your request must:
- Provide sufficient information to allow us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient details to allow us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
- We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request
If you reside in California, please refer to the California Privacy Notice section of this policy to learn more about the rights available to you.
Rights of European Data Subjects
A. Right to Access or Correct Personal Information
You have the right to access and correct your personal information. If you want to review or correct your personal information, you can login to the appropriate Website or Service and visit your account profile page, typically designated as “My Account”, or contact us through the Support Center, or you may send us an email at the address noted in the Contact Information section above.
B. Right to Delete Personal Information (“Right to be Forgotten”)
You have the right to request deletion of personal information we hold about you and we have the obligation to erase your personal information, where:
- the personal information is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed,
- you withdraw consent on which the processing is based and where there is no other legal ground for the processing,
- you object to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing,
- the personal information has been unlawfully processed, or
- the personal information has to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in the European Union or a Member State law to which Zoomd is subject.
If you want to request removal of your personal information from our Websites or Services, you can login to the appropriate Website or Service and contact us through the Support Center, or you may send us an email at the address noted in the Contact Information section above. You can also request closure of your account. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know that we are unable to do so and why.
C. Right to Data Portability
You have the right to receive or transfer a copy of your personal information, where:
- we are relying upon your consent or the fact that the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party as the legal basis for the processing, and
- personal information is processed by automatic means.
This copy will be provided to you in a common machine-readable format. You may also require us to transmit it to another party where this is technically feasible.
If you want to request a copy of your personal information, you can login to the appropriate Website or Service and contact us through the Support Center, or you may send us an email at the address noted in the Contact Information section above.
D. Right to Restrict Personal Information Processing
You have the right to request the restriction of processing of your personal information, where:
- you contest the accuracy of the personal information until we take sufficient steps to correct or verify its accuracy,
- where the processing is unlawful but you do not want us to erase the personal information,
- where we no longer need the personal information for the purposes of the processing, but you require the information for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, or
- where you have objected to processing justified on legitimate interest grounds (see below) pending verification as to whether Zoomd has compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing.
Where personal information is subjected to restriction in this way we will only process it with your consent or for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims. This right includes restricting the processing of your personal information to only include storage of your personal information (e.g. during the time when Zoomd assesses whether you are entitled to have personal information erased).
If you want to request restriction of processing of your personal information, you can login to the appropriate Website or Service and contact us through the Support Center, or you may send us an email at the address noted in the Contact Information section above.
E. Right to object to processing justified on legitimate interest grounds
Where we are relying upon legitimate interest to process personal information, you have the right to object to that processing. If you object, we must stop that processing unless we can either demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing that override your interests, rights and freedoms or where we need to process the personal information for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims. Where we rely upon legitimate interest as a basis for processing we believe that we can demonstrate such compelling legitimate grounds, but we will consider each case on an individual basis.
If you want to object to the processing of your personal information, you can login to the appropriate Website or Service and contact us through the Support Center, or you may send us an email at the address noted in the Contact Information section above.
F. Right to be informed of the appropriate safeguards where personal information are transferred to a third country or to an international organization
Refer to the Terms of Service for information on the safeguards that have been put in place to protect your personal information for transfer outside of the European Economic Area. For transfers to countries without an adequacy decision by the European Commission, Zoomd puts appropriate safeguards through contractual obligations.
G. Right to Withdraw Consent
Where you have provided us with your consent to process personal information, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
You can do this by:
- logging into the appropriate Website or Service and contacting us through the Support Center,
- following the unsubscribe instructions included in emails,
- by accessing the email preferences in your account settings page in the Services user interface dashboard, or
- sending us an email at the address noted in the Contact Information section above.
H. Right to Submit Complaints or Report Abuse
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in your country of residence, if you consider that the processing of your personal information infringes applicable laws.
If you need to report abuse, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This section refers to information submitted to our Services or collected through our Services (on behalf of our subscribers).
Zoomd subscribers electronically submit (or cause to be submitted) data to the Services for hosting, indexing and related processing. Zoomd processes data only as provided in our subscription agreements with our subscribers, such as our Terms of Service available at https://zoomd.com/terms-conditions.html.
As subscribers (or in some cases their internet clients or end users) control the data to be processed, Zoomd’s network, platform, and Services may be used as a conduit for information.
Although Zoomd collects personal information related to subscriber personnel as they configure a subscriber’s use of our Services, Zoomd has no direct relationship with individuals whose personal information is hosted or transmitted through the Services by subscribers or their permitted internet clients or end users. Subscribers are responsible for complying with any regulations or laws that require providing notice, disclosure, and/or obtaining consent prior to transferring the data to Zoomd for processing purposes.
Our Services collect personal information for our subscribers. As a data processor of this personal information on our subscriber’s behalf, Zoomd has limited ability to access personal information our subscribers submit to our Services. If you are a data subject for whom a subscriber has submitted personal information to the Services and would like your information not to be disclosed to a third-party or to be used for a purpose that is materially different from the purpose(s) for which the personal information was originally collected, then you should contact the subscriber directly. We will refer your requests to the appropriate subscriber.
Zoomd is responsible for the processing of personal information it receives, and subsequently transfers to a third-party acting as an agent on its behalf in accordance with our subscription agreements. Zoomd may use from time to time third-party service providers, contractors, and sub-processors to assist in providing the Services on our behalf. Zoomd maintains contracts with these third-parties restricting their access, use, and disclosure of personal information.
Subscriber Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation
As a data processor, Zoomd hosts, transmits, discloses, and processes data, which may include personal information about EU personnel of our subscribers administering, using or supporting the Services. Zoomd may process data to provide the Services, to prevent or address technical or service problems, to follow the instructions of our subscribers and their personnel who submitted the personal information, or in response to contractual or legal requirements. Zoomd does not control or own the data submitted by its subscribers, or their internet clients or end users, to the Services. Zoomd may share personal information with its subsidiaries, contractors, or third-parties if Zoomd undergoes a business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition by another company or sale of all or substantially all of its assets.
Data Subject Rights to Subscriber Data
Zoomd acknowledges that you have the right to access your personal information. Zoomd has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal information our Services process on behalf of our subscribers. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate personal information should direct his or her query to the appropriate subscriber (i.e., the data controller). Subscribers have the ability to fulfill these requests, and Zoomd will provide assistance for requests that subscribers are not able to complete.
Subscriber Data Retention
Zoomd retains the personal information we process on behalf of our subscribers for as long as needed to provide the Services to our subscribers and in accordance with our subscription agreements. To the extent not deleted by our subscribers, Zoomd may also retain and use certain personal information for a reasonable period of time thereafter as necessary to pursue our legitimate business interests, conduct audits, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Children under the age of 13
Our Websites and Services are not intended for children under 16 years old. No one under age 16 years old may provide any personal information to or on the Websites and Services
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16 years old. If you are under 16 years old, do not use or provide any information on our Websites or Services including on or through any of their features, register on the Websites or Services, make any purchases through the Websites or Services, use any of the interactive or public comment features of our Websites or Services, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 years old, we will delete that information without undue delay.
If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16 years old, please contact us using the information in the “Contact Information” section above.
Privacy Notice for California Residents
Collecting Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have collected the following categories of personal information:
|Category of Personal Information Collected||Personal Information Collected||Sources of Personal Information||Business Purpose for Collection|
|A. Identifiers||Name, email address, social media identifier, IP address, username||
|B. Personal Information Categories listed in the California Customer Records Statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))||Name, image|
|C. Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information||Interaction with our Services and Websites||
|D. Geolocation Data||Country, State||Directly from consumer’s device by using IP address|
|E. Inferences drawn from any of the personal information listed above to create a profile or summary about||An individual’s preferences and characteristics||
|F. Commercial Information||Transaction information, purchase history||From our databases of historical transactions.|
Sharing Personal Information
We disclose personal information to, or allow access to personal information by, the following categories of recipients:
- Advertising networks and marketing affiliates
- Social media services
- Data analytics vendors
- Quality assurance vendors
- Cloud storage Providers
- Payment and auditing processors
- Service providers
Selling Personal Information
You have the right to request that we disclose to you (i) the categories of personal information we collected about you and the categories of sources from which we collected such information; (ii) the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you; (iii) the business or commercial purpose for collecting personal information about you; and (iv) the categories of personal information about you that we shared or disclosed and the categories of third parties with whom we shared or to whom we disclosed such information in the preceding 12 months. You also have the right to request that we delete personal information we collected from you subject to certain exceptions.
You also have the right to not be discriminated against in pricing and services because you exercise any of your rights under the CCPA.
You can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf if:
- The authorized agent is a natural person or a business entity registered with the Secretary of State of California; and
- You sign a written declaration that you authorize the authorized agent to act on your behalf.
If you use an authorized agent to submit a request to exercise your right to know or your right to request deletion, please mail a certified copy of your written declaration authorizing the authorized agent to act on your behalf using the contact information below.
If you provide an authorized agent with power of attorney pursuant to Probate Code §§ 4000–4465, it may not be necessary to perform these steps and we will respond to any request from such authorized agent in accordance with the CCPA.