Effective as of Thursday, May 24, 2018.
Your personal information will be treated in a secure and confidential manner in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
When you use Zoomd Websites and Services (as defined below), we receive information that may directly or indirectly identify you (the «personal information» or «personal data»).
«our») may collect, use, and disclose personal information that we obtain through or from:
- http://zoomd.com/ (our «Website(s)») and mobile applications,
- individuals that register to attend our marketing or receive our marketing materials ( «Marketing Activities»),
- our subscribers’ personnel who register to use our Services, and
- subscriber data submitted to our hosted search or related services (the «Services») by our subscribers
or their internet clients or end users, or that we collect through our Services on behalf of
internet clients or end users) or that we collect through our Services (on behalf of our subscribers), which use by our subscribers is governed by our subscription agreements with our subscribers. In
In this Policy we will explain:
- What types of personal information Zoomd collects and how it is used.
- How Zoomd collects your personal information, including whether personal information is collected
- How long Zoomd retains your personal information.
- How and when Zoomd shares your personal information with others.
- How Zoomd protects your personal information.
- What choices and rights are available to you regarding the use of your personal information, including
how to access and update personal information.
- How personal information submitted to our Services or collected through our Services on behalf of
or at the direction of our subscribers is treated.
- How to update your communication preferences.
- Whether children under the age of 13 are permitted to use our Services.
1. What types of personal information does Zoomd collect?
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on which of our Websites or Marketing Activities you use. In general, we may collect information that identifies you, information about how you use our
Websites, and the information that you create while you interact with our Websites.
Information that we collect from you may include the following:
- Information that can personally identify you, such as name, photograph, postal address, email address, or telephone number.
- Information about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Websites, and your use of our Websites.
- Information that you provide when you fill in forms on our Websites.
- Information that identifies you in planning and hosting corporate events related to our Marketing Activities (e.g., user conferences).
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and Twitter handles), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Websites or related to orders of our Services.
You also may provide information as a contributing user that is published or displayed (hereafter, referred to as «posted») on public areas of our Websites, on the Zoomd Community site, or transmitted to other users
of our Websites or third-parties. Your user contributions are posted and transmitted to others at your own risk.
2. How does Zoomd use your personal information?
Zoomd uses personal information that you provide to us to deliver content on our Websites, plan and host Marketing Activities, and to provide our Services.
We may use this information in the following ways:
- To present our Websites and their contents to you.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Websites.
- To enhance the experience of using our Websites, Services, and Marketing Activities.
- To manage your access to the Services.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights that arise from any contracts entered into between
you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To provide you with notices about your account and/or subscription, including expiration and renewal
- To notify you about changes to our Websites or Services.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us.
- To communicate with you about Marketing Activities, which may include promotional information.
- To send promotional information and other communications regarding our products or Services.
- To create a list of actual and prospective users and subscribers for our products or Services.
- To assemble statistics regarding the use of our Websites, product or Services.
- To prevent fraud or abuse.
- To comply with any legal or regulatory obligations.
- For any other purpose we describe at the time we collect information.
- For any reason you engage us.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
3. How does Zoomd collect your personal information?
Zoomd may directly collect personal information you provide us in the following ways:
- When you complete forms on our Websites, such as registering an account, subscribing to a Service,
or posting a comment.
- When you create an account to use our Services or create a new user for that account.
- When you complete transactions through our Websites, such as fulfilling an order for our Services.
- When you perform search queries on our Websites.
- When you post messages on our Websites, either in public areas or directly to other users or third-parties.
- When you contact us outside of our Websites, such via email or Twitter.
- When you request assistance from our Support team.
- When you respond to surveys we ask you to complete for research purposes.
- When you provide information that will be posted on public areas of our Websites.
- When you transmit information to other users of our Websites or third-parties as a user contribution.
- When you register for or attend our Marketing Activities.
Third-Parties and Data Supplementation
To the extent allowed by law, Zoomd may collect personal information about you from other sources, including
publicly available databases or third-parties from whom we have purchased data. We may maintain this
information or associate it with personal information we already have about you (
«data supplementation»). This information helps us to improve our Websites, to deliver better and
more personalized Services, to update, expand, and analyze our records, identify new customers, and provide
products and services that may be of interest to you.
Examples of the types of personal information that may be obtained from public sources or purchased from third-parties and
combined with information we already have about you, may include:
- contact information about you from third-party sources to verify your address so we can properly
prevent fraud or communicate with you, or
- data purchased from third-parties, such as social networking sites and conference attendee lists,
that is combined with information we already have about you, to create more tailored advertising
If you receive a marketing communication or promotion from us, you may opt-out of these communications at
any time (i) by following the unsubscribe instructions included in the promotion (if sent by email),
(ii) through firstname.lastname@example.org, (iii) by accessing the email preferences in your account settings page
in the Services user interface dashboard, or (iv) sending us an email at the address noted in the Contact
Information section above.
We use third-party payment processors to process payments made to us. In connection with the processing of
such payments, we do not retain any personally identifiable information or any financial information
such as credit card numbers. Rather, all such information is provided directly to our third-party processors.
4. Does Zoomd collect personal information automatically?
As is true of most websites, Zoomd gathers certain information automatically as you navigate through and
interact with our Websites. This information helps us to improve and personalize our Websites, Marketing Activities, and Services, as well as prevent fraud or abuse. This information may be gathered and stored
in log files.
Information that we collect from you automatically may include the following:
- Internet Protocol (IP) addresses,
- Internet Service Provider (ISP),
- browser type,
- referring/exit pages,
- operating system,
- date/time stamp, and/or
- browsing actions and browsing patterns.
Services, track users’ movements around our Websites and Services, and to gather demographic information
about our user base as a whole. A cookie is a small piece of information that is placed on your device
but if you choose to disable cookies, it may limit your use of certain features or functions on our Websites
For more information about cookies, refer to
5. How long does Zoomd keep your personal information?
Zoomd may retain your personal information for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection.
For instance, we may retain your personal information during the time you have an account to use our
Websites or Services, or as agreed in our subscription agreements, and for a reasonable period of time
thereafter. We also may retain your personal information during the period of time needed for Zoomd to
pursue our legitimate business interests, conduct audits, comply with our legal obligations, resolve
disputes, and enforce our agreements.
6. When and how does Zoomd share your personal information with others?
Zoomd may share your personal information with certain third-parties. This sharing is based on our relationship with those third-parties, your consent, or legal or contractual obligations that require us to share such information.
We may share your personal information that we collect or you provide as follows:
- To contractors, service providers such as Stripe and Intercom, and other third-parties we use to
support our business. These entities are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information
confidential and can use it only for the purposes for which we disclose the information to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization,
dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Zoomd’s assets, whether as a going concern
or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held
by Zoomd about our Websites users is among the assets transferred. You will be notified via email
and/or a prominent notice on our Websites of any change in ownership or uses of your personal
information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process (such as a subpoena), to investigate fraud,
including responding to any government or regulatory request, lawful requests by public authorities,
or to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other subscription agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Zoomd, our subscribers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and
organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual,
Zoomd partners with third-parties that serve content or applications. These partners, including (i) third-parties
that either display advertising on our Websites or manage our advertising on other sites and (ii) certain
applications providers may collect your information as you interact with them through our Websites. Such
based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to opt out of interest-based advertising,
click here (or if located in the European Union click here). Please note you will continue to receive
You may login to our Websites using a sign-in service such as your Google profile. These services authenticate
your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name
and email address to pre-populate our sign-in form and collection of your personal information may occur
as a result of login to our Websites using these sign-in services.
From time to time, we may include links to other websites whose privacy practices may differ from ours. If
you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information will be governed by such third-party’s
7. How does Zoomd keep your information secure?
Zoomd will maintain appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect your personal
information from accidental loss, unauthorized use, alteration, or disclosure. Although we implement
and maintain security measures that are appropriate for our business activities, please be aware that
no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and any transmission of personal information is at your
You must also make sure that your information is safe and secure. We are not responsible if you circumvent
any privacy settings or security measures on our Websites. Even if we give you (or you have chosen) a
password for access to certain parts of our Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Do not share your password with anyone. Please be careful about giving out information in public areas
of our Websites, for example, community message boards or forums. The information you share in public
areas may be viewed by any user of our Websites. We cannot control the actions of other users of our
Websites with whom you choose to share your information; as such we cannot guarantee your contributed
information cannot be viewed by unauthorized parties.
8. What choices and rights are available to you regarding the use of your personal information?
By using our Websites, Services, and Marketing Activities you expressly give your consent for the collection
processing under applicable laws based on other legal basis such as contractual obligation, compliance
with applicable laws, and legitimate purposes.
Right to Access or Correct Personal Information
If Zoomd processes your personal information on behalf of or at the direction of one of our subscribers,
you should first look to that subscriber for assistance regarding the modification or correction of your
You have the right to access and correct your personal information. If you want to review or correct your
personal information, you can login to the appropriate Website or Service and visit your account profile
page, typically designated as
«My Account», or contact us through the Support Center, or you may send us an email at the address
noted in the Contact Information section above.
Right to Delete Personal Information («Right to be Forgotten»)
You have the right to request deletion of personal information we hold about you and we have the obligation
to erase your personal information, where:
- the personal information is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected
or otherwise processed,
- you withdraw consent on which the processing is based and where there is no other legal ground for
- you object to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing,
- the personal information has been unlawfully processed, or
- the personal information has to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in the European
Union or a Member State law to which Zoomd is subject.
If you want to request removal of your personal information from our Websites or Services, you can login
to the appropriate Website or Service and contact us through the Support Center, or you may send us an
email at the address noted in the Contact Information section above. You can also request closure of
your account. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know
that we are unable to do so and why.
Right to Data Portability
You have the right to receive or transfer a copy of your personal information, where:
- we are relying upon your consent or the fact that the processing is necessary for the performance
of a contract to which you are party as the legal basis for the processing, and
- personal information is processed by automatic means.
This copy will be provided to you in a common machine-readable format. You may also require us to transmit
it to another party where this is technically feasible.
If you want to request a copy of your personal information, you can login to the appropriate Website or Service
and contact us through the Support Center, or you may send us an email at the address noted in the Contact
Information section above.
Right to Restrict Personal Information Processing
You have the right to request the restriction of processing of your personal information, where:
- you contest the accuracy of the personal information until we take sufficient steps to correct or
verify its accuracy,
- where the processing is unlawful but you do not want us to erase the personal information,
- where we no longer need the personal information for the purposes of the processing, but you require
the information for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, or
- where you have objected to processing justified on legitimate interest grounds (see below) pending
verification as to whether Zoomd has compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing.
Where personal information is subjected to restriction in this way we will only process it with your consent
or for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims. This right includes restricting the processing
of your personal information to only include storage of your personal information (e.g. during the time
when Zoomd assesses whether you are entitled to have personal information erased).
If you want to request restriction of processing of your personal information, you can login to the appropriate
Website or Service and contact us through the Support Center, or you may send us an email at the address
noted in the Contact Information section above.
Right to object to processing justified on legitimate interest grounds
Where we are relying upon legitimate interest to process personal information, you have the right to object
to that processing. If you object, we must stop that processing unless we can either demonstrate compelling
legitimate grounds for the processing that override your interests, rights and freedoms or where we need
to process the personal information for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims. Where
we rely upon legitimate interest as a basis for processing we believe that we can demonstrate such compelling
legitimate grounds, but we will consider each case on an individual basis.
If you want to object to the processing of your personal information, you can login to the appropriate Website
or Service and contact us through the Support Center, or you may send us an email at the address noted
in the Contact Information section above.
Right to be informed of the appropriate safeguards where personal information are transferred to a third
country or to an international organization
Refer to the Terms of Service for information on the safeguards that have been put in place to protect your
personal information for transfer outside of the European Economic Area. For transfers to countries without
an adequacy decision by the European Commission, Zoomd puts appropriate safeguards through contractual
Right to Withdraw Consent
Where you have provided us with your consent to process personal information, you have the right to withdraw
such consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its
You can do this by:
information you provide to us or our third-party partners,
- logging into the appropriate Website or Service and contacting us through the Support Center,
- following the unsubscribe instructions included in emails,
- by accessing the email preferences in your account settings page in the Services user interface dashboard,
- sending us an email at the address noted in the Contact Information section above.
Right to Submit Complaints or Report Abuse
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in your country
of residence, if you consider that the processing of your personal information infringes applicable laws.
If you need to report abuse, please contact us by email at
9. Subscriber Data submitted to our Services or collected through our Services (on behalf of our subscribers)
Zoomd subscribers electronically submit (or cause to be submitted) data to the Services for hosting, indexing
and related processing. Zoomd processes data only as provided in our subscription agreements with our
subscribers, such as our Terms of Service available at
As subscribers (or in some cases their internet clients or end users) control the data to be processed, Zoomd’s
network, platform, and Services may be used as a conduit for information.
Although Zoomd collects personal information related to subscriber personnel as they configure a subscriber’s
use of our Services, Zoomd has no direct relationship with individuals whose personal information is
hosted or transmitted through the Services by subscribers or their permitted internet clients or end
users. Subscribers are responsible for complying with any regulations or laws that require providing
notice, disclosure, and/or obtaining consent prior to transferring the data to Zoomd for processing purposes.
Zoomd also collects, uses, and discloses personal information of individuals who visit our Websites (
«Visitors») and individual representatives of our subscribers, suppliers, and business partners (
«Business Contacts»). This Section 9 does not apply to personal information associated with Visitors
and Business Contacts collected, stored, and processed by Zoomd which are governed by the other provisions
Our Services collect personal information for our subscribers. As a data processor of this personal information
on our subscriber’s behalf, Zoomd has limited ability to access personal information our subscribers
submit to our Services. If you are a data subject for whom a subscriber has submitted personal information
to the Services and would like your information not to be disclosed to a third-party or to be used for
a purpose that is materially different from the purpose(s) for which the personal information was originally
collected, then you should contact the subscriber directly. We will refer your requests to the appropriate
Zoomd is responsible for the processing of personal information it receives, and subsequently transfers to
a third-party acting as an agent on its behalf in accordance with our subscription agreements. Zoomd
may use from time to time third-party service providers, contractors, and sub-processors to assist in
providing the Services on our behalf. Zoomd maintains contracts with these third-parties restricting
their access, use, and disclosure of personal information.
Subscriber Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation
As a data processor, Zoomd hosts, transmits, discloses, and processes data, which may include personal information
about EU personnel of our subscribers administering, using or supporting the Services. Zoomd may process
data to provide the Services, to prevent or address technical or service problems, to follow the instructions
of our subscribers and their personnel who submitted the personal information, or in response to contractual
or legal requirements. Zoomd does not control or own the data submitted by its subscribers, or their
internet clients or end users, to the Services. Zoomd may share personal information with its subsidiaries,
contractors, or third-parties if Zoomd undergoes a business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition
by another company or sale of all or substantially all of its assets.
Data Subject Rights to Subscriber Data
Zoomd acknowledges that you have the right to access your personal information. Zoomd has no direct relationship
with the individuals whose personal information our Services process on behalf of our subscribers. An
individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate personal information
should direct his or her query to the appropriate subscriber (i.e., the data controller). Subscribers
have the ability to fulfill these requests, and Zoomd will provide assistance for requests that subscribers
are not able to complete. If the subscriber requests that Zoomd remove the personal information, we will
refer your request to the applicable subscriber and we will respond to the request within 30 days.
Subscriber Data Retention
Zoomd retains the personal information we process on behalf of our subscribers for as long as needed to provide
the Services to our subscribers and in accordance with our subscription agreements. To the extent not
deleted by our subscribers, Zoomd may also retain and use certain personal information for a reasonable
period of time thereafter as necessary to pursue our legitimate business interests, conduct audits, comply
with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
11. Children under the age of 13
Our Websites and Services are not intended for children under 13 years old. No one under age 13 years old
may provide any personal information to or on the Websites and Services.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years old. If you are under 13 years
old, do not use or provide any information on our Websites or Services including on or through any of
their features, register on the Websites or Services, make any purchases through the Websites or Services,
use any of the interactive or public comment features of our Websites or Services, or provide any information
about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name
or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child
under 13 years old, we will delete that information without undue delay.
If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13 years old, please contact us
using the information in the «Contact Information» section above.
your personal information, we will notify you by email (sent to the email address specified in your account)
or by means of a notice on this page thirty (30) days prior to the change becoming effective. However,
changes made to comply with applicable laws will be effective immediately. You are responsible for ensuring
we have an up-to-date email address for you and periodically visiting this page to check for any changes